Source: Nomina-1983

Nomina Anatomica

International Anatomical Nomenclature Committee
Fifth Edition, Williams and Wilkins Co., Baltimore, 1983

Human; Latin terms; no illustrations; the fifth in a series of publications by the IANC, which remains the most authoritative source for human hierarchical neuroanatomical nomenclature in Latin. Limited to the major structures for which international neuroanatomists reached consensual definition, the 'Nomina' provides names for about 70% of the classical neuroanatomical structures of the human brain, that is, structures defined on the basis of dissection or Nissl and myelin stains. Most of the remaining 30% of the BrainInfo classical CNS model is based on Carpenter-1983.

BrainInfo                           Copyright 1991-present                          University of Washington